Adult Toys 101
Many individuals today are looking for a little extra help in the bedroom to maximize their sexual experience, either by themselves or with a partner.
Our dedicated sales associates at Nice & Naughty have put together a guide to help break down the wide variety of options available to everyone! Always remember, preference comes first! There is no one toy for everyone.
Below is a list of the different toy styles available and their intended uses:
- Bullets/External Vibes: For external use only. Typically smaller - bullet shaped, attach to your finger, or fit in the palm. Use for clitoral, perineum, or nipple stimulation.
- G-spot/Internal Vibes: Internal vaginal or anal use. A curve helps reach the g-spot or p-spot easier.
- Dual Vibe (Rabbit): Multiple stimulation points. For vaginal and clitoral stimulation or anal and perineum stimulation.
- Anal vibe: Typically two styles - A plug is an internal toy with a flaired base, that is meant to create a feeling of “fullness” while also stretching the anus. Beads are a longer toy, also with a flared base, that are meant to be inserted slowly and pulled out.
- Dildo/Dong: Usually a non-vibrating product. Used for internal stimulation. Oftentimes, dildos are phallic looking but you can always find non-phallic options!
- Penis Ring: These are also known as Cock Ring (C-Ring) and are meant to be worn at the base of the penis (some options can wrap around the testicles, as well). This helps the penis stay hard and creates more sensitivity because blood flow is restricted. Not recommended to be worn for longer than 20-30 minutes, depending on size of the ring. Choose a ring with a vibrating bullet attached for clitoral or perineum stimulation!
- Masturbators/Strokers: A silicone or jelly sleeve, by itself or in a tube. Grip the sleeve and stroke back and forth for stimulation. There are options that include beads, vibrate, thrust, and more for whatever preference!
All toys come in a range of different materials. Most popular toy materials are:
- Hard Plastic
- Silicone (Platinum Cured)
- Jelly (TPE or TPR)
- Stainless Steel
- Organic Wood
- Natural Stone
Each material will have a certain lubricant that compliments the toy and a certain way to clean and tend to it.
If you are interested in learning more about why you would want one option over another, we are here to help! Stop in store for an intimate shopping experience, or message us with questions any time!